IamInfoSMART Amazing Race 2019 (for DLSU senior high school students and Balay members)
IamInfoSMART Amazing Race 2019 As part of the IamInfoSMART campaign of making every Lasallian information literate, one of the event’s major activities is the IamInfoSMART Amazing Race (DLSU community and Balay Edition) which will be held on 15 November 2019. Based on the reality TV series, the contest will lead participants to different sections of The Learning Commons, where they must perform various tasks in a race against other teams. This activity aims to teach students how to (1) determine the nature and extent of information needed; (2) find and locate the needed information effectively and efficiently; (3) evaluate information sources; and (4) use information ethically and legally.
- The contest is open to all bonafide DLSU students and Balay members.
- Interested participants should form a team of two, a maximum of twelve (12) teams will be accepted.
- Participants who register will receive an email notification regarding the details of the event.
- Before the start of the race, all participants need to attend a short briefing.
- During the race, there will be pit stop clues and challenges. Pit stops are the different areas located within the Learning Commons.
- There will be a total of eight (8) pit stops.
- Each team will be required to complete the task in each pit stop before the marshals give out the clue/ task for the next pit stop.
- The first team to reach the last pit stop wins the game.
- Friday, November 15, 2019
- 9:00am - 12:00pm
- 6F Lobby Henry Sy, Sr. Hall