GUIDELINES ON THE USE OF DISCUSSION ROOMS
The Learning Commons has 40 discussion rooms located on the 7th to the 12th floors. These rooms serve as a venue for researchers to discuss and work together.
These guidelines are adopted by the University Library Council for the use of discussion rooms at The Learning Commons.
1. The discussion rooms are available for use of all bona fide students, faculty, and staff of the University.
2. Use of the room is limited to a minimum of 3 persons.
3. The maximum number of users should not exceed the room’s capacity (which is 4 or 6 or 8, depending on which room is being reserved).
4. Use of the rooms is on a first come first served basis. Those who would want to be assured of a room, however, may make prior reservations:
4.1. Reservation can be made up to one day before the intended date of use through the online booking system.
4.2. The group should choose among themselves a representative who will make the reservation.
4.3. The group’s representative is allowed to book only one discussion room per day.
4.4. An activated MyLibrary account is required in booking for the rooms.
4.5. Only groups with a minimum of 3 members physically present at the specified reservation time shall be allowed to enter the room.
4.6. The Learning Commons reserves the right to cancel reservation of groups who fail to show up within the first 15 minutes of the scheduled reservation.
5. To claim for the key, the remote control (for the air-conditioning unit), and the white board eraser, the group's representative should present his/her DLSU ID card. [Note: inclusive of LAN cable].
6. Use of the room is limited to a maximum of 2 hours. Extension of use may be considered subject to the room’s availability.
7. Users of the room shall be held liable for damages and/or losses caused by negligent use of the facility.
8. The following are prohibited inside the discussion rooms:
8.2. Playing cards/board games/musical instruments
8.4. Leaving personal belongings unattended
8.5. Bringing in of additional chairs and other pieces of furniture
9. The Learning Commons reserves the right to approve/disapprove use of the discussion rooms.
This policy was adopted in the ULC Meeting on 6 March 2013 and is considered in effect until superseded or removed.
Today's Opening Hours
|The Learning Commons||7am – 8pm|
|Br. Benedict Learning Center||8am – 8pm|
|Makati Extension Campus Library||8am – 5pm|
|STC College Library||8am – 12pm|